The Western Region Coastal Foundation is a locally owned and managed independent foundation with a legal charter as an NGO in Ghana. Our governance structure includes representatives from communities, local government and companies.
As the oil, gas, power (OGP) and other extractive industries increase activity in the Western Region, they are affecting daily life for residents of the region’s six coastal districts.
This creates risks and operational challenges - increasing expectations by government, traditional authorities and others. It also offers opportunities.
Managing these risks and capitalising on these opportunities requires local knowledge, expertise and collective commitment to local economic and social development over the long term.
Through our innovative community dialogue platform, WRCF is actively identifying and designing ways to add value to new or existing initiatives in private sector development, to create economic growth in the region.
To be the focal point for stakeholders in the region to collectively maximise stability and social economic benefits.
To promote development in communities impacted by extractive industries through:
- Influencing Corporate Social Investment (CSI) decisions;
- Coordinating and supporting the delivery of economic and social initiatives prioritised by stakeholders
- Trust: We are committed to act with integrity, be transparent and ethical. We strive to do things right.
- Responsibility: We are accountable to all our stakeholders, our colleagues, and the communities we work with. Where we fall short, we admit and make things right.
- Excellence: We require the highest technical and professional standards of ourselves. We celebrate innovation, learning, and service. We have an unwavering desire to “stretch,” as individuals and as an organisation.
- Collaboration: We thrive on partnerships with our stakeholders and development partners in the extractive industries, in government and communities, and are optimistic that our collective work will contribute to improved stability and inclusive development prospects in Western Region.
- Citizenship: We leverage on our diversity, respect the traditional norms and customs in which we work, and treat our stakeholders locally, regionally and nationally with professionalism and dignity.